Saturday 26 January 2019

He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not...


Ahhhh Valentines Day. Some of us love this special day, some of us want to run for the hills. I am a bit of a Valentine dodger really, it gives me the fear every year. 
However, my love for everything crochet is far stronger than my fear of the Day of Love, so I am thrilled and delighted to share a little heart pattern with you! It's super easy, and you could use these hearts to adorn a card, make bunting, I don't know, stick one on your special person's face while they're asleep, the possibilities are endless...

You will need:
Any yarn at all, and any suitable hook. Make them tiny, make them massive, it's up to you.
I used a mercerised cotton and a 3.5mm hook for mine. UK crochet terms.



Round 1: Ch4, (3dtr, 4tr, ch1, 1dtr, ch1, 4tr, 3dtr, ch2, ss) in first ch made. Pull loose end from start to close the central hole.
Round 2: Ch3, 2dc in each of first 3 dtr, 1dc in each of next 4 tr, 1dc in ch-1 sp, ch1, 1htr in bottom dtr, ch1, 1dc in ch-1 sp, 1dc in each of next 4 tr, 2dc in each of next 3 dtr, ch2, ss in ss from Round 1, fasten off yarn.

There you go, a very quick and easy way to show someone that you love them and have taken time to make them a gift that is worth far more than any tat you can buy in the shops. Right, enough words of love and romance from me, enjoy the pattern!
Esme xx

PS I do love my family, just in case you think I'm a hideous cold-hearted person. xx

2 comments: